There are 3 ways that you can join one of our Kilimanjaro Group Challenges - each one can be linked to fundraising for a charity of your choice. You select which one suits you - and confirm that on your registration form - along with details of the charity.
SELF-FUNDING - You pay the full cost of the Kilimanjaro trip - with an initial deposit at the time of registration - and the balance 10 weeks prior to departure. You can then fundraise for any charity if you wish - without any involvement from us, as there are no formal arrangements. Let the charity know - and fundraise whatever you can (no official 'target'). With this option - none of the sponsorship money can be used to pay for the trip costs.
MINIMUM SPONSORSHIP FOR CHARITY - the main agreed option in place with our charity partners. You pay an initial deposit when you sign-up. This model then covers the balance of the Kilimanjaro trip cost (which is the same as the 'Self-Funding' outlined above) by you fundraising at least an agreed 'minimum sponsorship' amount for the charity you choose - and then out of that fundraising the charity pays the balance of your Kilimanjaro trip cost to us - and the charity keeps the remainder for their fantastic work. The 'maths' of this option mean that your minimum fundraising target will always be approx double the balance of the Kilimanjaro trip cost - and equally therefore the charity will always receive a sum at least equivalent to that balance of the Kilimanjaro trip cost for their work. All charities are happy with this - and agree to the arrangement in advance. 80% of the minimum target is due 12 weeks prior to departure - and the remaining 20% before your departure.
MIXED FUNDING FOR CHARITY - this option is a MIX of the above 2. Again - you pay an initial deposit when you register. You then also pay 50% of the balance of the Kilimanjaro trip cost to us by 10 weeks prior to departure. You also agree to fundraise an amount for the charity of your choice (a lower figure than the with the 'Minimum Sponsorship' option above) - and out of that fundraising the charity pays for the remaining 50% of the balance of your Kilimanjaro trip cost to us. So ideal if you want to pay some yourself - and still fundraise a good amount for charity. All charities are happy with this arrangement - and it's agreed in advance.
SEE PAYMENT OPTIONS TAB FOR MORE DETAILS