Climbing Kilimanjaro Cost & Package Details With an Open Group
What is an Open Group?
Open Group Challenges are Kilimanjaro climbs with set departure dates across the year on the 3 best routes, and we welcome individuals, couples, groups of friends, family or colleagues to join us. Some will be fundraising for a charity of their choice, others will be paying for the trip just like a holiday, and all will benefit from a high quality all-inclusive package with the best support. It's a great way to take on a Kilimanjaro and experience a real adventure with a group of like-minded people who will become friends. There are optional training weekends to get you in shape before you go, and extension itineraries after your climb to wind down.
What's included in the package?
- Return International flights London - Kilimanjaro (Land Only option also available, speak to our team)
- Fully supported private camping on the mountain, quality tents, porters, cooks, local guides
- All Kilimanjaro National Park fees included - remember these cost $US 700 per person
- Qualified Action Challenge UK mountain Leader on the Kilimanjaro climb
- UK Doctor with the group and full 24 hr emergency medical support on Kilimanjaro
- All hotels (before / after the climb), all food, transfers & celebratory dinner & party
- A pre-challenge briefing to meet your fellow trekkers & the team
- Online resource - training guides, kit lists, visa & medical help sheets
- Kit hire service & discounts from outdoor retailers to keep the costs down
- Optional extension itineraries - Safari packages & Zanzibar beach breaks
- 3 flexible payment options to choose from - including charity fundraising options
What's not included?
- Airline fuel surcharge
- Tanzanian visa
- Travel insurance
- Tips for local stuff
Which route & when to go?
Our Group Kilimanjaro climbs follow the 3 most scenic & interesting routes - it's your choice depending on departure dates. The Machame Route (6 days trekking / 10 day trip), Rongai Route (7 days trekking / 11 day trip) and the Lemosho Route (7 days trekking / 11 day trip). Each route has unique highlights and special features, and all include time for acclimatisation giving you the best chance to reach the summit. Our team is more than happy to chat through the differences of the routes.
There are 2 main Kilimanjaro trekking seasons - December to March and June to October. All our departures fall within these periods - both are fine with a good chance of clear skies & fair weather. We avoid other months as they fall in the rainy seasons. We have a New Year's Day summit trip - perfect for something really special!
How much does it cost?
Open Group Kilimanjaro climbs start at £2449 - you can register now from as little as £399 and there are 2 charity fundraising options as alternatives. Should you wish to book your own flights, we will reduce your final balance by £580.
We have 25+ Kilimanjaro group departures each year. CLICK HERE for dates & prices in 2017 & 2018.
- 100% financial protection through ATOL - only this covers your full package. Be careful what others claim!
- Please note that a fuel surcharge will be imposed by the airline and added to the cost of the flights.
Payment options & fundraising
Option 1 Self-funding: You pay an initial deposit online when you sign up, and the full balance yourself 10 weeks prior to departure - just like for a holiday! You can still fundraise for charity if you want to.
Option 2 Minimum-sponsorship: You pay an initial deposit online to secure your place on the Kilimanjaro climb & then commit to raise a minimum amount of sponsorship for a charity of YOUR choice. The charity pays for the balance of the cost of your trip from your fundraising money.
Option 3 Mixed-funding: You pay an initial deposit online to secure your place on the Kilimanjaro climb and then pay a further portion of the event cost yourself, and also raise a further amount of sponsorship for the charity of your choice. It's a mixture of the Options 1 & 2.
We work with hundreds of charities and they are all happy with the above arrangements. If you would like to chat through the details of the process please feel free to call us in the office.
Kilimanjaro Open Evening
Join us on Tuesday 16th May in London - our presentation will last roughly 1 hour, with plenty of opportunities for questions. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO >>
If you want to speak to our team - please call on 0207 609 6695.
SEE BELOW for full information on how to join Kilimanjaro climb - or CLICK HERE for current availability.
How do I join an Open Group?
|Step 1:||Choose a trip|
|Step 2:||Choose a payment option|
|Step 3:||Choose when you want to go|
|Step 4:||Book your trip|
|Step 5:||We send you all you need to start your journey|
10 day Machame
- Most popular route
- 6 day Kilimanjaro Climb
- Good acclimatisation
11 day Lemosho trip
- Extra acclimatisation day
- 7 day Kilimanjaro Climb
- Fantastic varied views
11 day Rongai trip
- Quiet route from the North
- 7 day Kilimanjaro Climb
- Good for wildlife viewing