Climb Kilimanjaro
Live the Dream!  Climb Mount Kilimanjaro!





Itinerary: 11 day Lemosho trip

To climb Kilimanjaro on our 11 day Lemosho itinerary you can join one of many Open Group Challenge climbs throughout the year, departing from the UK (Land Only option is available). These Group climbs bring like-minded people together to share in the Kilimanjaro experience. You can sign up on your own, as a couple or with a small group of friends or family. Alternatively, if you already have a group of 6 or more people and would like to look at planning a bespoke Private Kilimanjaro Climb, please Click Here >>

The Lemosho Route approaches from the western Lemosho glades. Following in the footsteps of 'celebrity' Comic Relief trekkers, the route starts in the pristine rainforest before crossing the vast Shira plateau, and merging into the Machame Route on Day 3. This itinerary includes an extra acclimatisation day & a shorter day of trekking prior to summit night - which ensures more rest, less stress, more time to acclimatise – giving you the best chance of making it to the top & enjoying it!

Itinerary at a Glance

DAY1 DEPARTURE FROM UK - FLY TO TANZANIA

DAY 2 ARRIVE MOSHI - CLOSE TO KILIMANJARO
Transfer to 3 star hotel. Welcome dinner and briefing from the leader, kit check, & meet the local guides

DAY 3 MTI MKUBWA / 2780m / 4-6 HR TREK
Transfer to the gate and register with the Park and then begin Kilimanjaro climb with a trek through the forest and Lemosho Glades to our first camp -  where our tents and prepared evening meal await.

DAY 4 SHIRA CAMP / 3505m / 9-11 HR TREK
First full day trekking  - and it's a long one - so an early start and a slow and steady pace up to Shira Plateau with 700m altitude gain, where we camp and rest.

DAY 5 BARRANCO CAMP / 3972m / 6-7 HR TREK
Trek continues east across beautiful barren moonlike landscape of high desert terrain up to Lava Tower for lunch, and then down to Barranco Camp. 'Trek high' - 'sleep low' helps with acclimatisation.

DAY 6 KARANGA VALLEY / 4002m / 5-6 HR TREK
A scramble up the steep looking Barranco Wall, with great views of Mt Meru once we're at the top. It's then and onto camp in the Karanga Valley. In the afternnon there's an optional acclimatisation walk.

DAY 7 BARAFU CAMP / 4600m / 5-6 HR TREK
Ascend upwards across the barren landscape to Barafu Camp - and rest and feed in preperation for the summit push later that night.

DAY 8 SUMMIT DAY / 5895m / 12-14 HR TREK
At midnight, by torchlight we have a tough climb for about 6 hours to reach Stella Point at the crater rim before our final traverse to Uhuru Peak. We descend back down to Barafu camp for breakfast before continuing on to Millennium Camp where the warm air feels fantastic!

DAY 9 MOSHI / 5-6 HR TREK
After thanking the local porters, we descend to Mweka Gate. Transfer to hotel and rest before celebrating our fantastic achievements! Then a great night's sleep in a proper bed - or partying for a few!

DAY 10 A FREE DAY / EVENING FLIGHT BACK TO UK / OR OPTIONAL EXTENSIONS

DAY 11 ARRIVE HOME IN UK


Trip Inclusions

  • Fully qualified Action Challenge Leader, and Local Head Guides / Assistant Guides
  • Full medical support including a UK Doctor, 24 hour support, and the National Park rescue service
  • Hotels and meals pre & post climb - on a twin share basis.
  • Camping on the trek using quality equipment / private areas - twin share basis - and large mess tents.
  • Private toilets for our group - kept clean / stocked by porters. Warm water each morning.
  • Return international flights, fuel surcharge not included Please check our Terms & Conditions >
  • Porters for carrying luggage between camps and putting up the camps.
  • All meals on the trek provided by the kitchen crew. 3 good varied meals per day & snacks 
  • Purified and treated Drinking water whilst trekking / camping. Totally safe!
  • Celebration dinner - and you'll get a certificate and a medal.

Payment Options 2017

Payment options...

Whether you are climbing Kilimanjaro to fulfil a personal dream, raising money for charity, or both, we have come up with 3 flexible payment options for you to choose from.

Option 1: Self-fund

You pay for your Kilimanjaro climb out of your own pocket as you would a holiday. You can still fundraise for charity if this is something you would like to do and arrange this separately. 

How does it work? 

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge to secure your place.
  • We send you an invoice for the final balance of your trip cost (£2096) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay your final balance invoice by cheque, bank transfer or online within two weeks of receipt.

Option 2: Minimum-sponsorship

You raise a minimum amount of sponsorship for a charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities).
  • You commit to raising a further minimum amount of sponsorship, e.g. £4200, where (£2096) of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and (£2096), plus anything raised above your target is kept by the charity.
  • Your charity sends you a fundraising pack and supports you in your fundraising plans.
  • You send at least 80% of your fundraising to the charity (not Action Challenge) 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before you go. (Your charity will advise you on how to go about doing this).

Option 3: Mixed-funding

You pay for part of the event cost yourself and raise a further amount of sponsorship for the charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities with them).
  • We send you an invoice for a further portion of your trip cost (£838) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay the above invoice by cheque or bank transfer within two weeks of receipt.
  • You commit to raising a minimum amount of sponsorship - £2515, where £1258 of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and £1258, plus anything raised above your target, is kept by the charity.


Climb for yourself. Climb for charity. Climb Kilimanjaro!

Self-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £2096 final balance = £2545

Minimum Sponsorship:

£449 registration fee + £4200 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity

Mixed-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £838 additional personal contribution + £2515 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity.

SIGN UP TO A LEMOSHO TRIP >>

 

 

Self-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £2096 final balance = £2545

Minimum Sponsorship:

£449 registration fee + £4200 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity

Mixed-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £838 additional personal contribution + £2515 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity.

Extras:

  • Single supplement (hotel + tent):  £300
  • Single supplement (tent only):  £180

SIGN UP TO A LEMOSHO TRIP >>

Payment Options 2018

Payment options...

Whether you are climbing Kilimanjaro to fulfil a personal dream, raising money for charity, or both, we have come up with 3 flexible payment options for you to choose from.

Option 1: Self-fund

You pay for your Kilimanjaro climb out of your own pocket as you would a holiday. You can still fundraise for charity if this is something you would like to do and arrange this separately. 

How does it work? 

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge to secure your place.
  • We send you an invoice for the final balance of your trip cost (£2146) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay your final balance invoice by cheque, bank transfer or online within two weeks of receipt.

Option 2: Minimum-sponsorship

You raise a minimum amount of sponsorship for a charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities).
  • You commit to raising a further minimum amount of sponsorship, e.g. £4300, where (£2146) of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and (£2146), plus anything raised above your target is kept by the charity.
  • Your charity sends you a fundraising pack and supports you in your fundraising plans.
  • You send at least 80% of your fundraising to the charity (not Action Challenge) 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before you go. (Your charity will advise you on how to go about doing this).

Option 3: Mixed-funding

You pay for part of the event cost yourself and raise a further amount of sponsorship for the charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities with them).
  • We send you an invoice for a further portion of your trip cost (£858) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay the above invoice by cheque or bank transfer within two weeks of receipt.
  • You commit to raising a minimum amount of sponsorship - £2575, where £1288 of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and £1288, plus anything raised above your target, is kept by the charity.


Climb for yourself. Climb for charity. Climb Kilimanjaro!

Self-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £2146 final balance = £2595

Minimum Sponsorship:

£449 registration fee + £4300 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity

Mixed-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £858 additional personal contribution + £2575 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity.

Extras:

  • Single supplement (hotel + tent):  £300
  • Single supplement (tent only):  £180

SIGN UP TO A LEMOSHO TRIP >>

Payment Options 2019

Payment options...

Whether you are climbing Kilimanjaro to fulfil a personal dream, raising money for charity, or both, we have come up with 3 flexible payment options for you to choose from.

Option 1: Self-fund

You pay for your Kilimanjaro climb out of your own pocket as you would a holiday. You can still fundraise for charity if this is something you would like to do and arrange this separately. 

How does it work? 

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge to secure your place.
  • We send you an invoice for the final balance of your trip cost (£2246) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay your final balance invoice by cheque, bank transfer or online within two weeks of receipt.

Option 2: Minimum-sponsorship

You raise a minimum amount of sponsorship for a charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities).
  • You commit to raising a further minimum amount of sponsorship (£4500), where (£2246) of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and (£2254), plus anything raised above your target is kept by the charity.
  • Your charity sends you a fundraising pack and supports you in your fundraising plans.
  • You send at least 80% of your fundraising to the charity (not Action Challenge) 10 weeks prior to departure and the remaining 20% before you go. (Your charity will advise you on how to go about doing this).

Option 3: Mixed-funding

You pay for part of the event cost yourself and raise a further amount of sponsorship for the charity of your choice.

How does it work?

  • You pay a £449 registration fee to Action Challenge and tell us which charity you are fundraising for. (We sort out the formalities with them).
  • We send you an invoice for a further portion of your trip cost (£898) 10 weeks prior to departure.
  • You pay the above invoice by cheque or bank transfer within two weeks of receipt.
  • You commit to raising a minimum amount of sponsorship - £2700, where £1348 of the money raised covers the final balance of your place on the trip and £1352, plus anything raised above your target, is kept by the charity.

Climb for yourself. Climb for charity. Climb Kilimanjaro!

 Self-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £2246 final balance = £2695

Minimum Sponsorship:

£449 registration fee + £4500 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity.

Mixed-Funding:

£449 registration fee + £898 additional personal contribution + £2700 minimum sponsorship for a chosen charity.

Extras:

  • Single supplement (hotel + tent):  £300
  • Single supplement (tent only):  £180

SIGN UP TO A LEMOSHO TRIP >>

 

 

 

 



Your financial protection.
The air holiday packages and flights shown are ATOL protected by the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK. Our ATOL number is 6296. In Ireland the air and holiday packages and flights that are shown are protected by CAR license number TA0297. Please see our booking conditions for more information.